Monday, September 19, 2011

You're Invited!

My invitations finally came in!  The second I saw a package from my wonderful invitation designer, I ran to my family room to show everyone what came in the mail.  It was the package I had been waiting for!  3 months ago, meaning 6 months prior to the wedding, I started my invitation journey with ETSY designer J & M Contemporary Paper Inspirations. After about two months of looking around at wedding invitations, I finally selected her because of her creativity, quality, price, and communication.


Image via Jas0120 at ETSY.com


I am a huge paper addict.  Could be due to my obsession with scrapbooking, who knows.  But anything that's paper, I love it.  So when it came time to do invitations, I was drooling at all the images I saw.  Luckily my designer did everything she could to make my vision a reality when it came to my invitations.  She communicated SO well with me and sent me sample after sample.  She even did a special request for me that she had never done for previous invitations.  And for her first time doing it, they sure did turn out fantastic!


When I opened the package containing my invitations, I was so excited to see all the hard work!  They looked marvelous! I wish I could show pictures, but I am not going to ruin the surprise for everyone when they open their invitation.  My dad, fiance Eric, and MOH Caitlin were the only people at my parent's house when I opened the packages, so they got to be the only ones to witness my "kid in a candy shop" moment.  I opened up one of the invitations, looked at all the inserts, and fell in love! I don't even want to mail these out. I want to make sure they arrive in perfect condition. Looks like I'll have to drive all around the country and hand deliver them...on a horse most likely.  That will cost a lot, and the horse will be tired.




I was so in love with every little detail.  I showed my dad my envelope for the RSVP and his response was "Ooh, nice, it's an envelope" but my response was "NOT JUST AN ENVELOPE! The cutest, most perfect RSVP envelope! Look at the shimmer!"  Then I pulled out my outer envelope and went to each person individually in the room to show them the envelope.  Their response? "Oh, it's like the other one but bigger."  UGH! YOU FOOLS! DON'T YOU SEE HOW AMAZING THESE ENVELOPES ARE!?!  They truly are the most magnificent envelopes ever.  I even made a last minute change to my envelopes about three weeks before I received them.  I changed the color and texture of the envelopes and I am SO glad I did.  


In about three weeks, the addressing will be done and I can mail these beauties out.  I am so excited.  I made sure to order enough so I can keep one for my scrapbook...or shadow box. To be honest, I am not sure which I am doing yet.  Whichever I decide to do, I know it will be PERFECT!


Since I cannot show you my personalized invitations, here is some "invitation overload" inspiration.


Image via Jas0120 at ETSY.com
Image via Jas0120 at ETSY.com
Image Via The Polka Dot Alley at ETSY.com
Image Via 1 Of A Kind Custom Design at ETSY.com
Image Via Paintings By Shanon at ETSY.com
Image Via Art by Crystal at ETSY.com


No comments:

Post a Comment