Wednesday, September 7, 2011

There be 2 Brides up in hurr!

MY BESTIE IS ENGAGED Y'ALL!!  This was a LONG time coming.  She has been with her man for 2 years. 2 YEARS!! This past week he proposed to her while they were on a cruise! Isn't that the sweetest thing?!?  Of course she said yes. So now one of my maids of honor is bride-to-be!  This excites me very much. For multiple reasons.

  1. She is my best friend, so I couldn't be any happier that she is happy
  2. Most of my wedding is planned, so now I get to help plan someone else's
  3. I get to do all the fun things for her that I sadly cannot do for myself (plan bridal parties, bachelorette parties, send cute invitations, etc.)
So yeah, I am pretty darn excited.  I honestly could not be any happier. Like me, she wants a relatively short engagement...about 8 months.  That means right around the time all my wedding festivities are ending, she gets to start hers! ITS A MIRACLE! I won't go into post-wedding blues like many brides do because I get to be involved again! 

Some of you may be thinking, "You SAY you are happy, but deep down you want to sabotage it." Yeah, um, not so much. It's not going to get all "bride wars" up in this hizouse.  We will not be turning anyone oompa loompa tan or ruining someone's golden locks.  It will be pure bliss and happy brides-to-be.


I am going to do EVERYTHING I can to make her planning experience fun, help with things that nobody ever warned me about, and be her rock throughout this emotional process.  I am truly excited for her and her fiance and cannot wait to see what a beautiful bride she will be.  She is my friend, my sister, my confidante.  I wish nothing but the best for her and am so excited to have someone so important in my life be so happy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment