Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Showered

So this past weekend, I had my bridal shower!  It was absolutely fantastic!  I had tons of great friends there, awesome decorations, and amazing food.  I truly don't think there has ever been a better bridal shower in the history of the world!


No, not THAT History of the World!  My MOH and my older sister put most of the shower together.  They did a great job.  I was so happy to see that the theme matched my wedding without going too overboard.  I also liked that instead of a large, tacky veil, they gave me a simple pin that said "bride".  

There were lots of balloons and a couple hanging decorations, but the main focus of the party was the kitchen and dining room tables.  They were decked out and looked scrumptious!  The food was perfect.  There was a chicken platter, fruit platter, cheese platter, deviled eggs, mini cupcakes, spinach dip, and then THIS AMAZING CAKE!
NOM NOM NOM! I made sure to not fill up on the finger foods so I could devour that cake...which I did.  I even tried to steal the cake from my friend Carrie.  Oopsies!  I am just a big fatty...especially when it comes to cake.
The games we played were the classic clothespin game (can't say wedding, bride, groom, honeymoon, or Eric), wedding gift bingo, wedding word scrabble, and "How well does the bride know the groom" which I got 12/16 questions correct.  I'd say for only knowing my man 11 months I did pretty darn well! *High fives self* Boo yah!


When it came time to open gifts, I got to sit in the awkward "look at me" chair and have all the attention on me.  Yayyyyyyy....my favorite.  It was a little strange, and I did feel like I had to put on a show for people.  However, it was worth it!  I actually had a very good time opening the presents and had a lot of fun interacting with everyone while I did it.  It wasn't AS awkward as I originally thought, but it still isn't in my top five favorite things to do.
Sadly, however, my fear of candid photos was justified.  I probably only have one normal picture from the whole hour or so I opened presents.  Here's that shining star amongst rocks.
I look excited, I only see 1.5 chins...all in all it's a fairly normal "opening presents" photo.  However, the rest of the 100's of pictures that were taken looked like this.

Ugh...I KNEW photos would be taken, yet those are the faces I make? I give up.  I'm going to have to warn my wedding photographer ahead of time because THOSE ^^...those lovelies above us...that is NOT how I want to remember my wedding.  Lesson learned, on the wedding day I must ALWAYS pay attention to EVERY face I am making.  Otherwise it's bad news bears.


Here are some of my favorites from the shower.  They're pictures of my friends and family and just prove how much fun the shower was.  
This is me and just my sisters, missing one though :(

Kristen and me

Sisters being normal

Um, I HAD to sneak one in of me and my nephew Logan....AMAZING

MOH, me, Shannon (older sister)

Cutting ze cake

Three of my funny friends caught eating

This is a group shot of most guests
All in all, my shower was amazing.  It went by faster than I can describe, and I am sure that's foreshadowing for the wedding day.  I got AMAZING gifts, got to hang out with amazing friends and family, and had a blast with most of my favorite women in one room.  I am so lucky to have friends that are so friendly and get along with everyone.  I am very blessed to have such unique, GORGEOUS friends! I mean come on, look at that picture! Everyone is BEAUTIFUL!  I made out like a bandit at the shower and am SO lucky to have so many people support me and be there for me on one of the most important days of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could've been there...well...not really there, but, I wish I could've been around to see how great you looked in person. OH YEAH...I wish I couldve helped you open all of those AWESOME gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete