Thursday, September 1, 2011

My precious! Dress that is...

Today is the day! I get to go try on MY wedding gown. It's not the sample...it's MINE! ALL MINE!  I feel like once I am in THE dress, everything is going to seem so real and it's going to hit me that I am getting married in less than four months.




I have never once been one of those girls who lets my wedding venue determine my gown type.  In fact, I committed to a gown before I ever committed to a venue.  I have always wanted my dream wedding gown. Even if I was just getting married at the JOP, it didn't matter.  I would walk into that courthouse in my GORGEOUS gown.  To me, the gown was the center of the wedding.  Whether outside in a forest, in a barn, on a beach, or in a church, I would have the gown of my dreams.  That's a lot of pressure to put on an inanimate object.  The poor dress all of a sudden became THE focal point.  And now that my gown is finally in, I am kind of freaking out.




I have always pictured me in my wedding gown.  Throughout the years the style in my head has changed, but I have always been one of those girls who desperately wanted the wedding gown.  Now that it's here, what if it can't live up to my expectations?  Since I bought it before I got a venue, what if it really doesn't flow with the location?  What if the accessories I bought don't match?  What if my heels are too high?  What if it's too big? Too small?  What if my hair color looks bad with the gown? What if my hips look larger in MY size than they did in the sample?  What if my hair accessories look awful with my gown?  Now that I have chosen my centerpieces, decor, bridesmaids dresses, flower girl dress, henchmen attire(groomsmen), I am really nervous my gown won't flow.  I know almost all the above problems are fixable, but I tend to not be thinking rationally lately.  While the gown may be the most important thing to me in this wedding besides my fiance, it also tends to be my biggest concern.  I just want THE perfect gown...is that too much to ask?



No comments:

Post a Comment