Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes...or not

I thought I was doing pretty well in regards to not having many wedding dreams.  That is, until lately.  Within the past week and a half I have had at least two wedding nightmares.  It's never a good wedding dream, it's always bad.  I don't like this.




Dreaming is supposed to be where you live out your fantasies, or imagine things that convince you you're psychic. Not make you upset and nervous about your wedding.  My latest wedding nightmare had to do with my ACTUAL wedding day.  Not things that went wrong before the wedding. In my wedding, a LOT went wrong.


For starters, my flowers were all wrong.  My altarpiece was supposed to be made up of two different LARGE bouquets that were in my theme colors and combine seasonal elements.  What did I get? Two boring cylindrical vases with Calla Lilies just thrown in.  The flowers weren't even placed and arranged nicely.  They were just tossed in there.  My florist's excuse for this? The vase cost most of my budget for the altarpieces so she had to get cheaper flowers to make up for the price.  Um...HUH? Shouldn't that have been something my florist figured out before?


Then my bridesmaids bouquets...oh those poor bouquets.  I know everybody has their own opinion of what pretty flowers are.  However, in my dream I HATED the flowers in my bridesmaids bouquets.  Again, the colors were completely wrong.  They didn't match my decor AT ALL.  The colors were pink, yellow, orange, and red and the bouquet was mostly daisies and mums.  Mind you, some people like those flowers. I, however, am not a fan and in my dream I completely hated them.  They're just not my thing and definitely not my color.




What else went wrong?  Well after my ceremony, a few bridesmaids and I apparently went into a break dancing routine.  This was apparently what we did during cocktail hour. Usually brides and the bridal party take pictures...but in my dream we decided to break-dance.




That's normal, right?  Not too for sure where that part of the dream came from.  I have no desire nor ability to break dance.  Anywho, after my little "gangsta" escapade, my hair was ruined! SHOCKER! My stylist was supposed to give me a break-dancing proof updo, but it fell apart.  Moments before I was supposed to make my grand entrance into the reception hall, I had to scour for bobby pins and ask my mom (who is NOT a hairstylist) to try to salvage my hair.  I never got to see how it turned out because my alarm then woke me up.


All in all, this was not a nightmare. But as every bride or party planner knows, one little thing that goes against the plan can ruin everything! Ok, that may be a little dramatic.  But to me this was a horrible dream.  The hair was bad, but the flowers! GASP! That was the worst thing to ever happen to anyone on the face of the planet. Ever.

1 comment:

  1. This all sounds very frightening...but as long as I look good...everything will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete