Tuesday, September 27, 2011

TX/O Who?

For many people living in Texas, TX/OU weekend is an important weekend every year.  It gives them reasons to dress up in their favorite UT gear, get drunk, watch football, and yell at friends who support THE WRONG team!  For me though, it means quite a bit more than just partying with my friends...although partying with friends is AWESOME(especially my friends).  


Last year at the TX/OU Downtown block party, I was with my best friend and her boyfriend.  We were at Hooters having a good time.  While we were there, a mutual friend of ours showed up with a friend, a friend I had never met before.  I found this friend to be VERY cute, and I told him that.  I even told him that he was going to be my boyfriend for the night.  And sure enough, he didn't really leave my side that entire night.  His name was Eric, and I was a BIG fan of him.  Our whole group hung out at the block party all night, then when it was time to go, we headed out and went to IHOP.  I actually rode with Eric to IHOP and we shared a meal together.  It was the country omlette with chocolate chip pancakes...my FAVORITE meal there.  Our mutual friend, the one who basically introduced us, took this below picture of us at IHOP and it's actually our only picture together that whole night.


It's not a very good picture since it was taken with our friends cellphone, but I love this picture because it's our first official picture together.  After dinner(breakfast I guess) he took me home.  And that was the end of that night.  The next day was the actual TX/OU football game and I went to my friend's house(the same friend I hung out with the night before) to watch the game.  About 20 minutes after I got there, guess who showed up?  THAT'S RIGHT! ERIC!  We didn't talk much since I was talking to all the people at the party, and the next thing I knew he had left to go to work.  I continued having a good time with my friends and then it went from daylight to nighttime.  At about 10:30 Eric showed up back at the party.  We hung out until it was time to leave.  The next day, we texted a little and then a mere four days later we went on our FIRST official date.  We've been together ever since then.  Never even attempted to just date, kind of went head first into a serious relationship.


That time of year is upon us again.  In two weekends it will be TX/OU weekend again and I am so excited.  I met great friends last year and met the man I am going to marry.  TX/OU weekend holds a lot of significance for me and I am VERY much looking forward to what this year has to offer.  I cannot WAIT to make more memories and take lots of pictures.  Here are just a few from last year.


I cannot wait for more memories and good times.  Thank you TX/OU for introducing me to the love of my life and for holding so much significance, more than just a football game.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite nights :) and it brings back lots of great memories! Hope this next one is just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete