Monday, January 14, 2013

5 Weeks 5 Days

I am just head over heels excited to be pregnant.  I have waited a long time for this, and it's finally happening and everything is falling into place. I start a new job Monday which makes me anxious, but excited to be able to provide for my growing family!  It's still too early to make it public, I guess I'm superstitious in that way, but I want to document this journey so I have started my blog up once again! The blog used to be about wedding, then recipes/working out, and now it will be about my family. My exciting, growing family of three (maybe more, we won't know that for quite awhile!)
Happy couple pre-baby/pregnancy
By the time I actually post this blog, I'll be further along, but I am sure some people will want to read through old posts and look at them.  So many people have adorable pregnancy/maternity blogs and such cute photo shoots. So I am going to attempt to document everything as well, but there are just so many different forums to do it on, it will be very hard. I will, however, thank Pinterest for giving me LOTS of motivation for this!


How far along? 5 Weeks 5 daysTotal weight gain: 3 pounds so far, but I assume that is mainly due to bloating seeing as how my baby is the size of a sweet pea Maternity clothes? Not in maternity clothes yet. Wore a pair of maternity leggings though just because they were the only leggings I had, and they felt AMAZING! So much freedom :)Stretch marks? No new ones ;)Sleep: Exhausted all the time, yet can't get a solid night's sleep a single night. Best moment this week:  Best moment so far would just be going everyday knowing we're pregnant and getting closer to when we can tell everyone and are in the "safety" zone!Miss Anything?  I miss being able to get my HR over 160!        Movement: The only thing moving is my belly and rumbly tummy!Food cravings: For being not far along at all, I am getting some intense cravings! Breakfast foods (eggs specifically) and shrimp tacos are two things I cannot seem to get enough of! Subway flatbread turkey is also something I keep wanting. My ideal day would be eggs for breakfast, Subway turkey flatbread for lunch and shrimp tacos for dinner! YUMMM!Anything making you queasy or sick:  Feeling a tad sick by some strong food smells in places like cafeterias. Also got a bout of nausea from grilled veggies (weird) and when our kitchen filled with smoke. Little baby bridge did NOT like the kitchen on fire!Labor Signs: Luckily no! This baby has a lot longer to cook!  Symptoms:  Having to pee all day long,  super emotional, cravings, bloated, tenderness, and exhaustion.  Wedding rings on or off? OnHappy or Moody most of the time: I would say mostly happy, but I do randomly get tear-y eyed at the most random things. Stressed and nervous though. Being pregnant and starting a new job makes for a stressful mama!Looking forward to: Pretty much the whole experience. I cannot wait for our first sonogram. I am so excited to start showing! We are so early on in the pregnancy that really I look forward to everything and it's hard to narrow it down to just a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment