Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Drunken Gummies

For a bachelorette party I threw, I made drunken gummies as a treat.  They were AMAZING and everyone loved them.  Only downside was that the bachelorette party was outside so by about halfway through the party, the gummies had started melting and turned into a drunken mess.  But besides that, they were a huge hit.


I bought two 3-pound bags of gummy bears. A little overkill, I know. Then i put them in a plastic container that's about 6x9 inches.  I poured the vodka over the gummies to where every single gummy was completely submerged.
It's hard to tell in that picture, but they are, indeed, submerged.  The vodka I used was Pinnacle whipped cream flavor.  My theory behind this was to get little "creamsicle" drunk gummies.  Turns out, that was a MARVELOUS idea.


After the gummies are totally covered, I put them in the fridge to soak for 5 days.  Every day I went in and mixed up the gummies so that the ones on the bottom didn't soak up a lot more liquor than the ones at the top.  I would have hated for some of the gummies to be tipsy and some be wasted.  


The day of the party I just put them in a little boot decoration I picked up to match the theme of the party.  It was a huge success and everyone loved them! I just recommend not making these for an outdoor party. If you do, try to put them on ice.


Party guest really enjoying the gummies!

No comments:

Post a Comment