Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 1 Progress Report

One week ago today I signed up for my trial week at Cross Fit.  I liked it a lot, so I decided to sign up for an actual membership.  Somehow I was able to motivate myself to go for 5 days last week.  I also did kickboxing thrice last week.  So that's 8 workouts in 6 days.  Not bad.  I am not as exhausted as I thought I would be.  I am, however, very sore. Driving a standard was very unfortunate for me.  


On Friday, we did a weigh in and a body fat % calculation.  That was a nightmare.  While I have actually lost a little weight, I had no idea my body fat % was so high.  It was actually really embarrassing for me.  But I guess I need to look on the bright side, I know have a starting point to base my BBC (Beach body challenge) progress off of.


Here are my stats so far:
Weight: Down 4 pounds since beginning
BMI: No clue if it's up or down, but I know the number


Goals:
Lose 30-40 pounds (in fat, obviously I'll gain muscle)
Get body fat % down to 20
Be able to finish the Mud Run June 3 (this is a very SOON goal)


I've cracked down on what I am eating as well as working out. I've downloaded the app for My Fitness Pal and I am tracking my workouts and food consumption there.  I actually feel like I have turned it into a little bit of a competition.  I want to beat the calories allotted for the day.  I know that sounds crazy, but I am competitive with my app.


Even though I am doing Cross Fit and Kickboxing as my workouts, I still feel like I need to put an inspirational workout photo in my blog so here it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment