Monday, November 14, 2011

I Forgot WHAT?!?

I am a planner.  I plan pretty much everything in my life...although often things don't go according to plan.  I pack for vacations weeks in advance, I like to know my weekend plans on Monday of that week, and I tend to go a little overboard when planning even the smallest of get togethers.  So when it came to my wedding, naturally I over-planned everything to the last detail, just as expected.


Tears of joy packets were finished about 7 months before the wedding, cake was chosen 7 months before the wedding, invitations were ordered MONTHS before wedding checklists recommend people order them, and even my makeup/hair artist was booked way before normal people even consider booking one.  So, there you have it, each and every little thing was considered.  Yay me!
Happy kitten proud of herself
Well, it's 32 days until my wedding and I recently realized I forgot one tiny, yet important detail.  Somehow amongst all the organizing and planning, I forgot a ring bearer pillow.  Seriously? How did that happen? This was one thing I had looked at right when I was engaged and chose my theme!  In fact, I even sent images of ones I liked to my mother about a week into wedding planning!!  So now, one month out from the wedding, I have to get a ring bearer pillow.  I don't want anything super unique, like a bowl or anything, but I think I don't have enough time to order one in my theme colors. 


So, now I have to find a pillow.  Here are some I like, and they match my theme.  Although I did want one a LITTLE bit different, but I kind of ruined that by forgetting about the pillow.
Image Via Etsy shop Simply Bridal
Image Via ETSY shop Comfy Heaven
Image Via ETSY shop Comfy Heaven
Image Via ETSY shop SolBijou
Image Via ETSY shop SLJ Bridal
I could honestly keep posting pictures of ring bearer pillows I love.  However, I would probably need them custom done because some of my favorites are the correct theme, but not color.  Or correct color, but need more OOMPH.  With only a month left, I don't have time to have one custom made.  My mom could probably make one of these, but she is busy doing more important tasks, ones that matter a LOT to me.  So...it's crunch time.  My options are to try to get one of the above made, buy a random one, or buy a random one and attempt to customize it myself.  Here are some simple ones that I could try to jazz up.
Lillian Rose Ring Bearer pillow via Michaels.com
Image Via WrapWithUs.com
Meh.  They're ok, but not what I want.  I know it's not a big deal, it's a pillow, but I want one that is a little more unique.  But not so unique that it's hard to find.  And I don't feel like making one.  I have good intentions, but I am more the "start a craft" kind of person, not a "finish a craft" person.  My mom usually finishes the crafts I start.


I am not planning on using this pillow as a throw pillow on my couch or bed, but I would like it to be cute and not generic.  Considering how much thought I am putting into everything else, I truly hate the idea of just buying a pillow off the store shelf.  So I am kind of torn.  I have 32 days...well technically more like 30 considering today is almost over and I would like it BEFORE the day of my wedding.  So, what should I do?  Buy a regular pillow and attempt to decorate it myself?  Buy one off ETSY that is beautiful but pay a little more and get it rushed?  Or what about trying to find a pillow already that has some teal on it?  These all seem like good options, yet my lovely bridal brain can't seem to think of what to do.  So...HELP!!!!! I cannot believe I overlooked this...oopsies.



3 comments:

  1. OMG that purple/pink one is to die for. I am not a purple/pink fan, but seriously...I love it. I wouldn't stress about this detail too much...it isn't a huge detail...at least it wasn't in our ceremony. We ended up just borrowing one last minute:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Angela, I love that pillow too! Sadly it's not my theme or colors, but I think it's fabulous! And I know the pillow isn't a big deal, which is why I am only at a 3 on the freak out scale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...glad to hear it's only at a 3!!

    ReplyDelete