Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Balloons, Schmalloons

Balloons are fun, whimsical, and cheap!  Birthday parties, festivals, and special days are times I love to incorporate balloons.  
Cute balloon for Mother's Day

Cute balloons for my bridal shower
However, on one of the most special days of my life, I really don't think balloons are appropriate.  I think balloons cheapen the look of a wedding.  I am not saying that they necessarily ARE cheap, but I feel like they make the wedding look like it wasn't put together ahead of time so someone just threw in balloons.  That's my personal opinion at least.  I don't know what has caused my dislike of balloons at weddings, I have never been to a wedding with balloons.  I just know that I despise them.  Look at the way balloons change the look of a wedding.
Columned Entry way with balloons
Columned Entry way without balloons
Dance floor with balloons
Dance Floor without balloons
Balloon Arch
Non-balloon Arch
Balloon Centerpiece
Tall and Colorful NON balloon centerpiece
Do you see what I see?  The pictures without balloons are much better, and not just because I chose amazing photos.  The pictures that are balloon free just look more elegant, more grown up, more special.  The balloons make me think of a kid's birthday party.  Yes, I know they can be in-expensive, but why can't people find a better way to use them?  I was beginning to think it was hopeless until I came across some of these inspirational balloon pictures.  I've decided if you MUST have balloons, this is the way to go.
I love this picture, although it could be because they're getting rid of balloons
These balloons are up high enough to where they add a little somethin' somethin' to the ceiling but not destroy the look of the venue
Love the look of balloons? Go with lanterns! So cutesie!
Absolutely can't live without balloons? Use them in your engagement shoot!
I don't get it. I wasn't attacked by balloons as a child, they didn't carry away my best friend, and I never swallowed one and almost died.  I can't say I have any rational reason for hating balloons at a wedding, besides the fact that they make me think of a Vegas wedding.  Have you seen any elegant or interesting balloon arrangements at weddings?  What did you think about brides who chose to use balloons in lieu of other decor?

No comments:

Post a Comment