Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Who Thought This Would be a Good Idea?

When I first got engaged, I thought that planning a wedding in 8 months would be easy-shmeezy.  I mean come on, I LOOOVE throwing parties.  I thrive off planning events.  So when it came to throwing the biggest party of my life, I knew I had it in the bag.  Well, I was on cloud 9 planning the wedding for the first few months.  Yeah it was stressful, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I had NO clue why so many brides complained about wedding planning.  Well about two weeks ago, I got slapped in the face by reality.
The 60 day countdown began.  For any bride that is a stressful time.  60 days is when everything starts being due.  Money, forms, song requests, menu options, guest counts, and the list goes on!  UGH! That's a whole bunch of stuff that I now have to do.  However, it's completely manageable.    All I have to do is find all my paperwork from my millions of vendors and complete it.  It's really not that bad.  So what then is stressing me out so much? I planned a wedding for the week before Christmas...in only 8 months.
Bring on the stress relievers!  In the 60 days before my wedding, there is enough stuff going on to stress out even Martha Stewart.  This is already a stressful time for a bride, but then you add in these:

  1. Halloween - not necessarily stressful, but spending money on a costume, thinking of the perfect theme, decorating, going to parties...yeah takes up a lot of time and money
  2. Bachelorette party - a frickin awesome time...but requires money again.  And even though it's my party, I'm still stressing out about the plans and how it goes and how to wear my hair, how to do my makeup, what to wear, wondering if my shoes will match my outfit, thinking about whether or not I should bring a camera....LOTS of little things that normally aren't stressful
  3. Gettin muh hurr did - Normally I love getting my hair done.  However, the stylist I have gone to for 6 years is moving away. What does that mean? That means I have to get my hair done in early November.  Which means it may not look all that glamorous on my wedding day.  However, going to a new stylist before my wedding is really not an option.  It took me forever to get my hair the way I have it now and I am not risking my hair getting ruined.
  4. Thanksgiving - not stressful, but HALLOOOOO! I gotta wear the most important dress of my life less than three weeks after Thanksgiving.  I can't stuff my face like I usually do. That's a sad day for me
  5. Rehearsal dinner - I need a final guest count, I need to make sure that the venue is booked, and I need to make sure I have enough dinero for it.  Oh...and I have to be SURE the dress I ordered fits.  
  6. The Wedding - AAAAAAAAAAH SSSSSSSSTRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!
  7. Christmas - So I LOVE Christmas.  It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.  However, normally by September I have my Christmas shopping done.  However, due to other things taking precedence, I only have two people done.  Two people out of about 25 people.  That is NOT ok.  
  8. Honeymoon - I have absolutely nothing to wear yet for my honeymoon.  I don't own a single pair of shorts, I have swim suits but I would like to get ones I don't mind being seen in public wearing, and I don't own any "hiking through the forest" types of shoes.  Oh...and I am not at my honeymoon weight or honeymoon tan.
  9. Moving - Am I moving? Am I not?  This is a big stressor on me right now.
All of those things normally don't stress me out TOO much (ok, I lie, I stress about what color to paint my toes so OF COURSE these things stress me out) but usually the stress I incur is a fun kind of stress.  Not a "will I get this all done and will I be able to do it without selling a kidney" stress.  I know at the end of this year I am going to look back and think about how wonderful everything was.  I'll have pictures to remind me of everything that I did in 2011 and I will have a husband.  But right now, it's hard to not live in the moment and think about everything I still have to do.  So can someone please tell me why nobody told me that this would be a bad idea?


No comments:

Post a Comment