Monday, August 29, 2011

Wedding Dress Disaster?

My family and friends know me for having VERY strange dreams.  Bordering on Tim Burton strange.  To me they usually feel very realistic.  I've even been known to get mad at people for the way they acted in my dreams.




Oddly enough, what I am about to describe is not even CLOSE to one of my weirdest dreams. However, it felt very real to me.  I officially had my first wedding nightmare.  No, my vendors didn't take my money and run, my photographer didn't bring only a disposable camera, and my groom didn't run away from me at the altar.  MY DRESS CAME IN WRONG!  AAAAAH!




Was the dress torn? No.  Was it stained? Nuh uh. Was it 5 sizes too small? Nope.  So what was wrong? It was white!






I bet after reading that, your face was a little like the one above.  So what you're saying is...that's not a normal thing to freak out about? Aren't wedding dresses supposed to be white?  Well yeah, ideally they are.  My dress, however, is a little off white and I love the way it looks with my complexion.  I feel like if I wear a dress that is purely white, I will look a little washed out.




Not exactly the look I want on my wedding day.  Like I said earlier, this is a VERY sane dream compared to the ones I usually have.  Which is probably why it scared me so much.  Something like this COULD actually happen.  Compared to some other wedding disasters, this one is very mild, but it worried me and made me REALLY fearful for my wedding dress appointment later this week where I'll see my dress for the first time.  I am now even more nervous...awesome!  I am sure my dress will come in exactly as I ordered it, but there is always that tiny little fear in the back of my head saying "Your dress won't fit you and it will be puke green and you're going to ruin your wedding."

1 comment:

  1. You're going to look great at your fitting :) I can't wait til that special day when I see your beautiful smile as you walk down the aisle

    ReplyDelete