Thursday, August 25, 2011

Turn That Frown Upside Down

Moments after writing my last post about how stressed I was and about how sure I was the world was coming to an end, I get a call.  Not just any call, THE call.  MY WEDDING GOWN CAME IN!


I did my happy dance in my office for a split second, texted my fiance, and then did what any logical bride would do. I decided I should leave work then and there and go try my dress on.  I reached to grab my purse and remembered key words from that phone call.  Words like "appointment" and "Thursday or Tuesday only".  Hmph.  Way to ruin my day.


I had to put aside my desire to run out of work flailing my arms and screaming "It's here! It's finally here" and realize the reality is, I have to make an appointment to go try my dress on.  So, I called my mom, told her my dress came in, and we decided we'll go together next week at a SCHEDULED time to try on my gown.  So now I can bring things like my necklace, earrings, veil, and shoes to get a REAL feel of my gown.  I guess this works out for the best, I don't look very fabulous today and everyone knows you have to look amazing when you try on your gown because frizzy hair ruins even the best looking gown.


So, next week it is. I get to find out if my gown looks as amazing as I remember.  Possibly even better since it will be in MY size. YAY ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment