Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Avatar

My older sister is an "Avanerd".  There, I said it. 


I have been contemplating whether to start a blog for a long time.  Today, I finally decided to do it. However, I decided only about ten minutes before I was supposed to leave work. Oopsies.  So, my sister to the rescue.  I was starting my blog site and I needed a username and blog name.  I messaged a few people to help me come up with a creative username, and my sister was the only one who responded.  Her answer? "Eywa Ngahu".  Translated it means "Eywa be with you".   Have you seen Avatar? No...well Eywa is the sole deity on this distant planet "Pandora" and is concerned with the balance of life on the planet.





The picture above is the "Tree of Souls" with many of the Na'vi (Pandorian humanoids) surrounding it.  It's very pretty.  The tree of souls is a giant tree that is said to be the closest connection to Eywa on Pandora.  The Na'vi have these little things coming out of their head that can connect them to the tree of souls, called "queue".  I think they are a little creepy looking.





The Na'vi can bond to other living organisms using this "queue" and form a "Tsaheylu". Then they can speak to the other living things.  They are able to use this "queue" to speak with Eywa and put all their thought and memories back into their deity...sort of.  I am pretty sure my Avanerd sister will have a field day correcting this post.


Make sense? No?  I didn't think so. You'll have to watch the movie.  


Well, so my username means "Eywa be with you", so it's kind of like saying "God bless you".  Not as in a sneeze, but more a blessing to someone.  Then there is my blog title which is "Nga yawne lu oer" meaning "You are beloved to me". I liked this as my URL title because I truly appreciate anyone who takes the time to read my posts.  I plan on using my blog as an outlet for creativity, emotions, stress, and everything else I can think of. So, I think the Blog Title makes sense because the people who take the time to read what I have to say and comment on it are beloved to me.  Also, it's the only thing my sister could think of in the short span I gave her.


So there it is, the reason behind my odd username and Blog Title.  The only person who was available to help me with my blog was my older sister who, as previously stated, is an Avanerd.


Hayalovay (Until Next Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment