Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Apple Pie Bites

I've been really having a sweet tooth lately.  Could be because I gave up candy for lent, could be because I started cracking down on my diet about a week ago...who knows the reason.  Well today I decided to give in to my sweet craving and make some miniature apple pie bites.  They're like apple pies, but in moderation! I guess they're the cupcakes of the pie world.  I adapted the recipe from one I found online.  They are absolutely delicious. The hardest part about this whole recipe is just eating one!



What You Need
  • 1/2 cup sugar ( I used Splenda)
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 package refrigerated pie pastry (by package I mean the entire box, not one roll)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 medium tart apples(I used Fuji) – peeled – I cut about 16 slices

What To Do
  1. Combine sugar and cinnamon
  2. Set Aside 1 Tablespoon of the mixture
  3. Unroll Pastry, both rolls, and brush on 1 Tablespoon of Butter and sprinkle sugar mixture.
  4. Place Apple Slices into the bowl with the rest of the sugar mixture – and mix.  You can also put the sugar mixture into a bag with the apples, seal, and shake. Why not workout while you bake?
  5. Cut the pastry into strips — about 1 inch wide and 5 inches long. I got about 8 strips out of each of the two pastries.
  6. Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against the apple.
  7. Place “pies” on parchment paper lined baking sheet. (You can grease the parchment to prevent from sticking.)  Brush on the remaining butter and sprinkles with the rest of the sugar mixture.
  8. Bake at 425 for 10 – 13 minutes or till golden brown.
  9. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment