Monday, April 22, 2013

33 Weeks - Baby Shower!!!!


This weekend I had my baby shower. It was such an amazing experience.  So many people were able to make it out to support me and the baby. I truly am so blessed by the people that I am surrounded by.  My family put on an amazing shower for me and so many friends showed up.  The food was amazing. There was a fruit salad that looked like a baby in a carriage.  The cake was from one of my favorite bakers and had my most beloved duck theme.  I love ducks so much and my family incorporated it into the theme of the shower so perfectly!  I got so many amazing gifts.  I am so well prepared for the baby now. There are only a few things I have left to get, and for that I am so lucky.  I have so much to set up the nursery and I cannot wait to be able to do that! I showed Eric everything we got and he was just in shock at how giving everyone was.  He also got so excited to see all the baby furniture we get to put together. :) And everyone at the shower LOVED seeing all the little foster kittens that are in our house right now. The kittens were super social and said hi to everyone throughout the course of the afternoon.  The shower put into perspective just how soon I'll be having the baby and I am getting so excited.  I cannot wait to be a parent and cannot wait to see Eric as a father.


Without further adieu, here is my weekly update. I just wanted to give a little summary of the shower first.


How far along? 33 weeks
How big is the baby?  According to my app, baby is the size of durian fruit...whatever the heck that is.  The length and weight have a huge gap according to the app so no clue what my baby is measuring. 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 pounds...Baby Puentes is probably measuring on the higher side if I had to make a wager.
 
Total weight gain: Doctor says that everything is looking great with my weight, so I'll just leave it as that.  
Maternity clothes? Maternity clothes and a maternity support belt...those are my crucial items right now.
Stretch marks? Still the fugly belly button scar ones. Note to young teenagers, belly button piercings are not always cute!
Sleep: Between the pregnancy and my new kitten, sleeping is quite rough! Preparing me to be a mother I guess.
 
My new kitty Zap
Best moment this week: Had my baby shower. It was such an amazing experience! All the support and love I felt for baby Puentes just made me overwhelmed with gratitude. I am VERY lucky to have such a supportive family and such great friends. This baby is going to be so lucky with all the love it will be surrounded by.  
Miss Anything?  I miss feeling in control of my own body. Everything hurts and I get exhausted so easily...it's a very odd feeling!  
Movement: Movement is frequent and strong. This baby sure likes to push on things that shouldn't be pushed on! 
Food cravings: No real cravings. Had a tiny craving for boneless buffalo chicken popper type things, but it wasn't very severe at all.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Some random nausea episodes but nothing too serious. I attribute it to a combination of acid reflux, allergies, and baby pushing on things. 
Labor Signs: No labor signs, although since I did my hospital tour, I guess when I DO go into labor, I am much more prepared. 
Symptoms:  Pick up "What to Expect When Expecting", go to the symptoms of pregnancy page, and that's what I am feeling. :)  Luckily I have a great chiropractor which is helping a ton with my hip/back issues. Everything else is completely manageable. I guess if being pregnant were easy, men would do it, wouldn't they?? But in all reality, it's really not that bad even with the negative symptoms. I am still fully functioning (with the exception of working out) and would gladly have ten times the issues I am having to have a healthy, happy baby. 
Belly Button in or out?: Belly button is still holding out. It is an ugly mess, but it is not popping out yet. I really thought that would happen a lot earlier.  
Wedding rings on or off? Depends on the day. With the heat and some days being more swollen than others, my wedding rings tend to get quite tight.  Most days I can still wear them with no problems, but there are some days where my fingers seem to swell all around them and I look like I have fat nugget fingers.  
Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy.  I am getting so excited to be a mother and get to meet my bundle of joy.  I just cannot believe what a blessing this is and I am trying to take in every moment.  
Looking forward to:My next sonogram May 7 and getting the baby's room set up.  
Next Appointment: May 3.  This one will just be a regular appointment with a weigh in. My next sonogram is now May 7. We'll find out then just how big the baby is and whether an induction is looking to be necessary.




















 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you'll be lucky my bellybutton never popped out with my three. I hope you're doing wonderful. I am so excited to hear all about the little one. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete