Thursday, March 28, 2013

28 Weeks


How far along? 28 weeks
How big is the baby? Baby is the size of a head of cabbage, but I don't put much stock into that because our baby is measuring bigger. 
Total weight gain: None of your business
Maternity clothes? Maternity clothes are crucial
Stretch marks? Sadly I have some around a scar from a belly button piercing that went horribly wrong. Take note teenagers - belly button piercings are not always cute and can even haunt you years later!
Sleep: Sleep is pretty awful. If I am not uncomfortable, I am hot, or going to the bathroom, or having weird dreams. It's totally worth it though when the baby wakes me up to some kicking!
Best moment this week: Nothing super exciting happened this week, but I like that movement is getting more frequent and we are in the third trimester! Counting down with less than 12 weeks sounds amazing! OH! Actually, when I was holding my friend's newborn baby Kaden, my little nugget kicked Kaden really hard and I thought it was adorable because my baby was saying hi to him and welcoming him into the world! Oh and I just remembered another great moment this week, got the results back of my glucose test and I do NOT have gestational diabetes. Nor am I anemic. I am healthy as a (fat) horse!

Miss Anything?  I do really miss working out. And I miss margaritas. It's getting to be patio weather and I could go for a nice refreshing cucumber margarita!
Movement: Movement is getting more frequent and I can definitely see it from the outside at times now.
Food cravings: No new cravings. Sweetarts are still pretty high up, cuties are slowly tapering off.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  No, my stomach is pretty tame in nausea regards. Heartburn is another story though.
Labor Signs: No labor yet, but I keep having dreams that I am delivering early. Symptoms:  All of them. Random heartburn has transitioned into full blown acid reflux...constant. Sleeping with 3 pillows basically upright is my new position. Good news - sleeping upright to help with the reflux has helped with my back pain. :)
Belly Button in or out?: It is slowly making its way shallower and shallower, but as of yet it is still tucked in. Granted, with that lovely belly button scar and stretch mark right at the scar, my belly button is HIGHLY unattractive so it might as well just go ahead and pop.
Wedding rings on or off? I have no clue how these suckers are still fitting.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Depends on the day. So I guess in that aspect, moody. But SO excited and getting really happy for the baby to be here.
Looking forward to: Starting my every 2 week appointments. I feel like that will make it go by SO much quicker!
Next Appointment: March 22, this one will just be a regular checkup, but it is officially my first of the biweekly appointments!

No comments:

Post a Comment