Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lingering Over E-Pics

It's been over three months since I got married.  Over 11 months since I got engaged.  So why am I lingering over engagement photo sessions?  The answer is simple. I never really did one.  We were on a tight schedule to get wedding things done since after we got engaged Eric had to leave for school a month later.  That gave us a month, 4 weekends, to get the cake chosen, meet with photographers, and check out venues.  That's not a lot of time.  Hence why we decided to skip out on an engagement session.  We did, however, get my mom to take pictures of us up at their 8 acres of land.  The pictures came out beautiful and served the purpose we needed them for - giving us a good picture for the STD's (save the dates...for you non-bridal people).  

I swoon over the artistic, lovey dovey e-pics.  I love the fun poses, fancy clothes, cute props, and interesting locations.  I love that the pictures take the couple and put them in a different light. The sessions I love the most are ones where the couple look like they were put in a movie and the photos are stills.  The pictures make the couple look so interesting, like people that you really want to get to know.  I love how these photo sessions can add a story to the couple, give them a background that each viewer can interpret for themselves.  Do you not know what I mean?  Well here are some pictures that make me drool.

I could keep posting pictures, but I am sure that eventually you would lose interest if my post became just a photo album.  Or maybe you wouldn't, but I won't risk it.  I love photos that have action, a story behind them, props, basically anything out of the ordinary.  Not to mention that a professional photographer also brings one thing you can't get at home, amazing quality photos.


I know that I can do a session anytime I want. I could technically schedule a photo session just because. However, I feel like photo sessions need to have a reason behind them. They need to be something that represent an important moment in time.  Wedding, engagement, anniversary, etc.  So since I yearn for an artistic, meaningful photo session, I have decided I know when I will do it.  I'm going to get my dream photo session when I am pregnant.  Problem solved.  It will be a time in my life that I will always want to remember, and I can do a really fun session since it won't matter if I ruin my clothes since I won't be wearing them a majority of my life anyway.  Rip a maternity dress? Meh who cares. You only wear it for about four months anyway, no harm.  


Here are some pictures that have influenced me and have proven to me that a maternity photo shoot can be just as artistic and maybe even more loving than an e-pic session.

Oh yes...those are amazing.  I need to be realistic though and realize I'll probably be bigger than all those women combined.  So instead of doing a photo shoot at 7 months, I'll go ahead and do it at five months. Problem solved.  I love those pictures so much. The hard part will be finding a photographer who has great ideas and knows the angles that I would have to be at while I am at the heaviest I'll be in my entire life. But I think it will be totally worth it.  So maybe I should stop swooning over e-pics and focus on one that I will actually be able to have someday, a maternity shoot.  I missed my window for the e-pics, but I'll be sure not to miss my maternity shoot window when it happens.  I cannot wait to someday frame these types of pictures of me, in a nursery perhaps.



No comments:

Post a Comment