Friday, December 9, 2011

Dress Regret

I have major dress regret.  


Since my first fitting, I decided that I no longer liked my wedding gown.  However, unlike women on Say Yes to the Dress, I did not go out and buy ANOTHER wedding gown.  I tried to reason with myself.  If I loved this gown at one point in time, then there was a reason I bought it and that means I should stick with it.  I don't know if my regret comes from the fact that the dress really isn't for me, or if it comes from the fact that since I got my gown I have been to other bridal shops and watched wedding shows, or maybe it's because I never did enough research before getting my gown and didn't try on enough variety.  I honestly don't know why I hate my dress, but I know that I do and I know that I am really hoping on my wedding day I end up feeling beautiful.


I only really tried on two different silhouettes.  I only tried on 3 dresses total.  That might have been where my mistake was.  But I thought I knew for sure that was my dress.  But like any normal (yet completely insane) bride, I now am over thinking every decision I have made, and sadly I am regretting the most important gown I will ever wear in my life.  


All I can do is hope it's all in my head and that next week I will feel as beautiful as I once did in my wedding gown.  So with that said, here are some gowns I really am now wishing I had tried on or bought.  I feel that this type of gown would have looked better on me and I wish I had given these a try.  I actually swoon over these gowns. :(






So there you have it...the gowns above are now what I wish I would have gone with.  They're beautiful...or maybe I'm just losing my mind.

2 comments:

  1. i think i need to respond to your "dress regret" blog! YOU LOOKED GORGEOUS on your wedding day!!! I think you looked better in your wedding dress than you would have in any of your other dresses you posted. Your dress fit perfectly and showed every curve that Eric loves! Plus you customized that dress and made it your own. No one will ever have a replica of your wedding dress. I hope you fell in love with your wedding dress all over again on your wedding day bc you really looked like the happiest person ever and sooo in love!! - Love Jessica Myhre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did fall in love with my gown all over again! I did not want to take that sucker off! I felt amazing in the dress and I agree that it was the perfect dress for me. My dress regret was just nerves I think. Thank you so much for the kind words Jess!

    ReplyDelete