Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Doin' It Like a Lady

I decided to pick out my gown and my bridesmaids gowns pretty early in the wedding planning process.  To me, dresses were very important.  I think my Nana would faint if we all walked down the aisle naked...so I was determined to find the perfect gowns early in the game.  I had a color in mind...but that's about it.  I had browsed online and found a few I liked by Dessy, but I was not going to pick one out online.  This task was one that needed to be done in a store.


The wedding is December 16.  Which means in Texas, it might be 30 and snowing or 75 and sunny.  Texas is a very silly state, always changing it's mind on what it wants to be.  Silly Texas. Well this makes it very hard to determine wardrobe for my wonderful ladies.  The bridesmaids and I briefly discussed whether to wear long dresses or short dresses.  With short dresses, they get to show off their gorgeous gams.  But I was very afraid that being the way Texas is, we would get a random blizzard and my beautiful girls would turn to giant popsicles.




While I know that even as popsicles my girls would be beautiful, I decided not to make them suffer.  So we played it safe by deciding they would wear long gowns.  Plus, it's not like an extra foot and a half of material would make them super hot if the weather turns out to be a little warmer.  So the two things we knew were long dress and a color.  Should be easy right?  Well, turns out my "dream color" isn't really all that popular among dress designers.  *face palm* Why does this have to be so difficult?   





Well, we decided to try on dresses anyway and then if we found one we liked, we would just take a looksie at their colors and pray to the man above that they had my dream color.  We headed to Brides by Demetrios to try on gowns.  They had a LOT of great dresses.  We even had the girls try on a few shorter gowns which just reemphasized how much we wanted longer dresses.  Here are some of my GORGEOUS bridesmaids trying on some gowns.  Sorry for what's about to be a very picture heavy post.


This is the youngest of my bridesmaids

Not a bad option, especially with the ANTM pose

My sisters decided to pose together to get a feel of the gowns

Notice something similar between all these gowns?

Fit and Flare seems to be perfect for my girls!

They each tried on each gown to get a feel for which fit all body types

"Look how hot I am!"

"Well you see, if we get cold we can wear it like this"

My MOH seemed to get confused and thought she gets a veil too.

Tyra better watch out. My Bridesmaids are gonna getcha

Another option for this dress in case of inclement weather

So tired
Once we chose our gown(s), it was then the hard part.  Finding out if they had our colors.  When she pulled out the color swatches for the dress we all LOVED, it was heartbreak.  They did NOT have our color.




BUT HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN! EVERYTHING IS SUPPOSED TO GO MY WAY!  I NEEDED that color...even if I had to dye the dresses myself.  Ok, calm down me, you're not going to be dying any dresses.  You'll ruin them anyway.  No more talking to myself.  So after looking at all the color swatches and then looking at the color swatches for our second favorite gown, our AMAZING consultant came over to us with the BIGGEST smile on her face and said that our designer just came out with three new colors.  And what do you know!?!?!? MY COLOR WAS ONE! It was the exact color I wanted! Well this was FANTASTIC! So my five bridesmaids got dress A by Eden Bridals in my color, "oasis".  Dress B for my other two bridesmaids didn't come in the EXACT color we wanted, so we went with a color that complemented the color of dress A.  PERFECT.  Their dresses won't match exactly, but they will look GORGEOUS when next to each other.  Color name by Bill Levkoff is "Glacier".


So there you have it. That's our dress shopping excursion.  I have a feeling this went a lot easier for me than most brides.  One store and BAM! Finito!  This post does not depict every dress they tried on.  Sadly I was a bad blogger and only remembered I had my camera about half way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment