Monday, March 5, 2012

LEMONS!

I am obsessed with Lemon.  I never really noticed it until lately.  Lemon drinks, lemon cakes, lemon candy...I just love lemon.  Would I consider it my favorite fruit?  No, that title still goes to pineapple.  However, my new realization that I am obsessed with lemon has made me take up baking.  No matter how often I go to The Cupcakery, I can't seem to get enough lemon pastries in my life.


Here are some recipes I have come across lately that I plan on making over the course of the next few months.  And if I notice I am craving lemon deliciousness more often than every couple weeks, I may end up trying all these recipes over the course of a month.  I'm already drooling...


Pink Lemonade Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
Luckily at the same site I can actually access ANOTHER lemon recipe:
Lemonade cookies with Lemonade Icing
Thank you Pen And Paper Flowers for giving me two recipes for my lemon obsession.


Do you like muddy buddies? Well here are 
Lemon Chex Buddies
9 cups Rice Chex cereal 
1 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips 
1/4 cup butter or margarine 
4 tsp grated lemon peel 
2 Tbsp lemon juice 
2 cups powdered sugar
This is going to be my go-to recipe when I am really craving lemon but don't have the time to spend all afternoon in the kitchen. It's my emergency lemon recipe.  I mean seriously, how easy is that?

Lemon Velvet Cupcakes
I love red velvet, so lemon velvet seems like it was destined to be in my belly.  I got the recipe from Anne Strawberry who happens to have a TON of amazing recipes on her blog.


Two Ingredient Lemon Bars
Recipe
The name says it all, two ingredients.  Technically it's three though if I want it to look pretty like the picture. I'll need powdered sugar to sprinkle on top.  However, judging by my strong desire to shove all things lemon directly down my throat, I doubt I'll take the time to sprinkle powdered sugar.  I doubt I'll even take the time to let these suckers set before shoving them in my mouth.


Lemon Cupcakes with Fresh Raspberry Frosting


These cupcakes from The Family Kitchen make me want to pass out. They look amazing.  The lemon cake, the fluffy frosting, UGH! NOM NOM NOM! I seriously want to make these right now, then show people how amazing they are, then eat them all in one sitting without sharing a single one.  I know mine won't look as lovely as those do, but they will still taste the same and that's what counts in my lemon obsession.  Man o man, nothing makes me happier than that cupcake right about now.


Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
WOWWWWWWWWWWWW! It's like Let's Dish Recipes knows all my favorite things in life. Lemon cake AND cream cheese frosting? YES PLEASE! 


Lemonade Cake
Recipe
Simple, sweet, not a gorgeous picture, but GET IN MUH BELLAYYYYYYYYY!  There is not an abundance of icing, not ooey gooey lemony goodness, yet this cake makes my mouth drool and my stomach gurgle.  


Lemon Thyme Soda
Recipe
Oh, I could make this with my lemon cake and my lemon bars and have some lemon cookies.  That sounds lemony refreshing!


Lemon Pudding


I don't even like pudding...but I want this.  Thanks Galley Gourmet.


Lemon Gelato


Oh...muh...gawd.  Taste of Home knows how to make a girl happy.


Lemon Macaron
Recipe
I don't know if I like macarons, but I am pretty sure that I will like these.


So there you have it. Recipes that make me swoon.  I have never wanted to go home and bake so badly in my life. Those recipes look like they would make me the happiest girl in the world.  I believe my next quest will be to try each one of these recipes and create a post for each one describing my experience making the recipe and then comparing my outcome to the picture on the actual recipe's site.  That should be entertaining...but superbly delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment